free page hit counter Buy It Now! Or wait a few hours to see if Larentowicz snaps his tibia. - The Metrologist
Not ready to make nice.



Buy It Now! Or wait a few hours to see if Larentowicz snaps his tibia.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I'm not going to spend too much time analyzing it now, but over the past few days I've been peeking over at the Ebay and Stubhub markets for the 8/18 game against the LA Beckhams. Perhaps someone more savvy about reselling on the interwebs can illuminate us better, but considering it's a "major event" I'm pretty underwhelmed when I see auctions for 2 two tickets in the lower level coming down to the last hour with only a bid or three, much less the majority of the tickets on offer going for face value, or perhaps even less.
Stubhub says it has 855 tickets on sale (including several blocks of 20 or more), and that number has hardly moved over the last couple days.
It just doesn't strike me as a live market. That could mean any number of things, I suppose.

So you tell me how hot this thing is in NYC. I can't say I have a bead on it through this, but I think it has something to tell us. No, watching the Ebays ain't necessarily scientific, but it's a damn sight safer than actually taking team management, hyperbolic color commentators, and fans on their wishful words alone.

Could be interesting to watch for a spike either way - people dumping or some of those tickets disappearing - depending on whether or not Becks gets blasted by some Rev bruiser. If he actually plays tonight, of course.

Labels: , ,


0 Responses to “Buy It Now! Or wait a few hours to see if Larentowicz snaps his tibia.”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • The Metrologist
  • Embittered Metro gadfly



    email: elmetrologist-at-aol.com
    AIM: elmetrologist

  • My profile

Previous posts

Locations of visitors to this page

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3